Welcome to Greg Cardenas' Global Recruiting Process Outsourcing Executives Blog

Welcome to Greg Cardenas' Global Recruiting Process Outsourcing Executives Blog

This is where we tell it like it is...leave your ego at the office!

Total Pageviews

Monday, February 7, 2011

Telling it like it is...the world's first "straight up" honest HRO/RPO blog

I have been in the Global RPO & HRO industry since the very beginning.  I have seen the industry fail to meet many expectations.  There is a right way to do this and a wrong way.  I am going to share with you step by step...how to do it so you can help the industry turn around.  You are encouraged to comment and challenge, however if I know you are talking (or writing) a bunch of bullshit I will call your ass out. 

I developed the first global service delivery model before leaving the US for a development opportunity in Eurasia.  I have seen countless colleagues try to implement bits and pieces of the delivery model I created while at Convergys.  Yet, nobody was successful.  Part of the problem is I left Convergys with the details of how to do it.  It was a bit like my colleagues were left with the map...but without the directions. 

Why did I leave Convergys?  The answer is simple.  They didn't get it.  That is why they have recently got out of the HRO market all together.  John Gibson doesn't know how to to manage global operations - the role was too much for his capability.  That is only part of a larger systemic problem when a company that should have never been in the HRO market gets lucky in landing a big fish (DuPont and Johnson & Johnson).  If they were smart they would have let the CoE leads run the show...not a bunch of arroagant wanna-bees that ended up losing it all.  Like I said, I will keep it real for all of us.

It's going to be fun...stay tuned as this will probaby become the most "straight up honest" HR blog in history.  Share the link with your friends and subscribe for the RSS feeds.  If you have any questions, please post them or email them to me.  I will make sure everything interesting gets attentions.

Gottago...

No comments:

Post a Comment